Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor change out question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor change out question
From: "AA6DX" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:51:32 -0700
I always have used a muffler clamp on the mast above the bearing and let the
antenna assembly rest on that ... have some wobulation of the aerial, but
never had a problem -- you want to take into consideration the weight and
leverage of the mast --sometimes a trick to get the mast to lift free of the
rotator base, if it is solidly resting on the rotator. On larger arrays, I
always have used dual thrust bearings, with no weight on the rotator,
allowing for an inch or so of clearance and the rotator to be able to
readily be removed and replaced.  73  Mark  AA6DX