[TowerTalk] MARB info

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w0zy@cox.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] MARB info
From: r young <ryoung158@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 19:54:24 -0400
I havean MARB with the 40 footer.

The entire tower turns. I use a Tailtwister but the HamIV would have been
fine.

The beauty is the rotor is at ground level if you need to get at it.

The rotor is at the bottom connected to a cold rolled steel solid tube to
the tower tube. A bolt goes through that .
The tower is held to the MARB with what I'd call 2 arms that bolt together.
Easier to see that part at their site.
If you go that route, I recommend the raising fixture, very useful.

I hear delay times are very long and shipping costs are rough.  At least for
the towers. Not sure about MARB.Then again, unless you find a used one,
there's not much we can do about that.

73,

Gerry