Re: [TowerTalk] MOVs in Stackmatch

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MOVs in Stackmatch
From: "Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD" <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:49:50 -0500
MOV's should fail shorted or destroyed.  A visual or simple continuity
check will locate those.  Occasionally they will fail open.  There is a
HV tester for MOV's but if you have access to a megger or hipot tester
that will work as well.

Otherwise just replace them all.  They are cheap and very effective...

--
Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT

KK BROADCAST ENGINEERING