Re: [TowerTalk] Good quality pulleys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Good quality pulleys
From: "Andre Van Wyk" <kr5dx@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:30:08 -0600
I don't agree with this comparison. It depends what you buy. They also sell
many well known brands like Warn Winch, Hobart,Honda, Kohler etc.

I own some of their pulleys and they work just as well as the $200 pulleys
some others sell. If I hoist a 150lbs antenna using a 2500lbs rated pulley
block, I am comfortable that it is not going to break into pieces or fail.
If you are experienced enough to use or make a pulley system, you should be
experienced enough  to have a good look at a pulley's construction to
determine if it will do what you want it to do safely.

.....and for Chinamart....heck almost everything you buy on shelves are from
China....and yes, even at most of the "high end" stores I can guarantee you
that you will find lots of items on their shelves "Made in China"

But then, it makes us feel good if we can say we use a top dollar pulley,
even if a cheaper one can do the same....

73 de KR5DX