Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Pipe to Bury Coax?

To: Jim Miller KG0KP <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Plastic Pipe to Bury Coax?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:14:14 -0400

Jim Miller KG0KP wrote:
> What departmetn is this in?  What is it supposed to be used for?

Try plumbing.  It's relatively thin wall and used as a drain pipe.
Possibly sewer pipe. I have some up to 5"
It was cheaper than conduit.
> I am fairly familiar with HD
Only been there about 3 times. Lowe's is about a mile closer without
having to go through heavy traffic.
>  and do not remember any pipe except electrical
> (rigid electrical), garden (4" drain tubing), and plumbing (clear plastic
> and expensive in large enough sizes).

I've never seen clear plumbing pipe. This is rigid pipe with a fairly
thin wall and not at all flexible. I used a pair of 45s to make 90s and
a "Y" with a cap on one side turned down to create a drain.  I'll try to
find a couple of pieces out in the shop  and post a photo as I always
have *stuff* left over.