[TowerTalk] Proximity to broadcast television transmitters

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Proximity to broadcast television transmitters
From: Steve <steve65@suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:05:09 -0400
I'm looking at a possible new QTH near some television broadcast
transmitter sites. I estimate they would be a mile or more distant from
the property I'm considering. I set out to determine the exact distance,
but couldn't locate the TV transmitters on google maps. Wonder where I
can find the latitude and longitude of a broadcast television transmitter?

Do broadcast television transmitters present any issues for nearby
amateur HF operations? For 6 or 2 meter operation? Do the TV
transmitters make transmitter noise or other spurious emissions that
might interfere with reception of weak signals on the amateur bands?

The television broadcast stations with which I am concerned transmit on
channels 3, 13 and 34. The respective web sites indicate these stations
have made the transition to digital broadcasting. I poked around on the
internet a bit but didn't come up with the actual transmitting
frequencies for those DTV channels.

Thoughts or advice?

Thanks.

Steve K8JQ

--
Read The Patriot Post
hppt://PatriotPost.US/Subscribe/ Vetitas vos Liberabit