Re: [TowerTalk] GAP Voyager question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] GAP Voyager question
From: "Michael Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:34:12 -0400
I have the Challenger Model...just 3 radials, actually trimmed one or two
slightly shorter, and it works quite well on 40 meters as a center fed 1/4
wave vertical dipole. It is mounted over the salt water here just off Tampa
Bay.  I am impressed with it if nowhere else, than on this band. ( I just
use it on this band and occasionally on 75/80).  The addition of extra
radials just screwed it up, and much more so on 75/80 so I would be careful
not to get expectations up when considering more radials.  It may just be a
waste of time for this reason.
- Mike