Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated

To: Dave Harmon <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated
From: bill rubin <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 23:44:16 -0500
per the book Antenna Toolkit by Joseph J. Carr, K4IPV

"The only really proper way to reduce the VSWR to 1:1 is to tune the
antenna to resonance and then match the impedance."

"Adjusting an antenna to resonance will improve the SWR only if the
impedance
of the antenna at resonance is closer to the impedance of the feedline
than before it was adjusted. If the impedance of the antenna at resonance is
not equal to the impedance of the feedline, you will never get the SWR down
to 1:1."

So is resonance important - I say yes.  Bill N1HWC