Re: [TowerTalk] One thrust bearing vs. two

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] One thrust bearing vs. two
From: "john@kk9a.com" <kk9a@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
Tower top plates and rotator plates are not manufactured very precisely and
trying to line up two bearings plus your rotator bearing could be difficult. If
it's not lined up exactly it will cause some binding and add more stress to
your rotator and I don't see any benefit to having a lower bearing if you are
using an adequate rotator.   I think just using a top bearing and a heavy duty
rotator about 5' or more below would be a better choice.

John KK9A