Re: [TowerTalk] big grip source

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] big grip source
From: N4NW <n4nw@n4nw.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:19:42 -0400
Probably the most expensive source of big grips
around is Text Towers, however they do sell them in small quantities.

Why not contact the manufacturer - Preformed Line
Products (PLP) http://www.preformed.com/

This is the link to the catalog for what you may
be seeking: http://www.preformed.com/artsfest/files/ps/Sec20_PLPCommCatalog.pdf

All the specs and sizes are included as well as installation instructions

Here is link to their sale reps:
http://www.preformed.com/content/SalesRepLocator.aspx?pageTitle=2

When I purchased my PLP Big Grips (some years ago
albeit) I bought them direct from PLP, but you
will have to bay a whole box which is 25 or 50 depending on the size.

Thimbles are available from several sources, a
quick search of Google for guy wire thimbles will reveal several.

As for the two sized are seeking 3/8"(2147)  and
5/16"(2146)  the correct model # information from
the PLP catalog is: GDE-2107 for 5/16" 7 strand
steel galvanized guy wire and GDE-2107 for 3 & 7
strand steel galvanized guy wire the PLP color
code is blank and orange respectively.

I have 14 of the GDE-2108 Big Grips available for
7'16" wire if anyone has a need please send me an email.

73's
Tom - N4NW

.

At 01:00 PM 8/13/2009, you wrote:
>Try: http://www.texastowers.com
>

>John KK9A
>

>Subject:  [TowerTalk] big grip source
>From:  pete sias
>Date:  Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
>

>Looking for a source to purchase big grip guy attachment preforms and 1/2"
>thimbles in small quantities PLP part # BG 2146 & BG 2147.
>
>  In talking to a couple of utility supply
> companies I found out the big grips
>are a non stock item and would have to buy factory minimums, 50 & 25 pcs, way
>too many.
>
>Can anyone recommend a supplier for low quantities?
>
>Tnx  Pete    NØOY

Tom Gregory,  N4NW
n4nw@n4nw.org

N4NW LLC - Complete Merchant Services