Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY performance expectations/help

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9AY performance expectations/help
From: Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 13:58:59 -0400
Hi Jerry,

Easy enough for me to try, My transmit loop is hooked to a switchbox
that will ground it when i switch it off.  Good point though, the
length of the feedline will determine if the transmit loop appears
open or closed at the feedpoint. I suppose I need it to appear open, I
think which would minimize its impact.

I will also look into a choke at the feedpoint, though I am not sure
its going to be easy for me to cobble something together to get enough
choking resistance on 80m at the feedpoint (and also on 160m). If this
feedpoint choke is required for consistent good operation, then I
think Array Solutions should have provided it.

-Scott, WU2X