Re: [TowerTalk] Philly installation

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Philly installation
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:43:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/2009 10:17:31 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
jimlux@earthlink.net writes:

Nothing  says you have to tension the cable to a particular fraction of
it's  breaking strength. It's more a matter of the desired tension for
appropriate stability for the structure.  You could tension million
pound breaking strength cable to the same few hundred pounds as the the
regular non-EHS cable.

I've found that unless you tighten to specs, the tower is  "sloppier" and
has more play.  The sloppiness allows wind gusts to have  more of an effect
on the tower.

Again, the prime directive is in effect here.  I believe the  Rohn book
calls for specified tensioning.

Bill KH7XS