Re: [TowerTalk] CushCraft R7 Antenna Problem

To: "'Ray'" <rayn6vr@cableone.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CushCraft R7 Antenna Problem
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:58:52 -0400
> Any ideas or suggests as to how to track down the problem?
> Sometime today or tmw, I will look inside the matching box to
> see what I can find. But if anyone as any experience or
> suggests, please let me know.

Check the dielectric in the 20 and 30 meter traps capacitors -
   http://www.telusplanet.net/public/telwest/R7/cushcraft_trap.htm
   http://www.iol.ie/~bravo/r7_vertical.htm

If SWR is correct on 20 meters and up, it would indicate
the most likely fault is the 30 meter trap - either the
capacitor dielectric or the coil.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV