Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Lightning Protection Devices, Polyphaser, et

To: "'Steve Norris'" <w5ki@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Question on Lightning Protection Devices, Polyphaser, etc.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:47:54 -0500
Probably not usable out of the design range. The Polyphaser devices have a
series capacitor in them. On UHF it is a rather small capacitor and I don't
think it is large enough for HF to pass.

The higher the frequency the lower the power rating on them also. Different
gas tubes for different frequency ranges.

73
Gary  K4FMX