Re: [TowerTalk] 45G Wind Load

To: "Tommy" <aldermant@windstream.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45G Wind Load
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:38:25 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Tom,

The 15.2 sq ft at 70 MPH specified by Rohn is in addition to:
   - 8 square feet for three side arms (General Note 4), and
   - the wind load of 2 coaxial feedlines on each face (General note 5)

You probably won't use side arms, and if you attach your feedlines to the legs
that windload is significantly reduced too.

Your 80-90 MPH wind zone is an entirely different issue...

73
Frank
W3LPL