Re: [TowerTalk] Dual Yagi Install help needed- Using U-100 Rotor for ele

To: "'Marc Tessier'" <ve3tes@cogeco.ca>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dual Yagi Install help needed- Using U-100 Rotor for elevation
From: "Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield" <gary_mayfield@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:47:49 -0500
Use steel for the cross-boom and you will have no worries.  The info on how
to do it is here:

http://www.g6lvb.com/fibermetalboom.htm

Most OSCAR operators want at least 7 feet between the antennas, but more is
better.  Some guys get by with 5 feet separation, but you may want to look
at a filter for mode J at that point.  Something like you find here:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/articles/Mode-J/

Make sure you have a good idea as to how the U-100 is going to report your
elevation back to your automated controller.  There are several ways, but it
can be problematic as you are probably aware there is no potentiometer in
the rotor.

73,
Joe kk0sd