[TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6BTV
From: "K3GM" <k3gm_qrp@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:05:59 -0400
I used one previously, ground mounted, a couple inches off the soil, and
over a very large radial field.  The antenna feedpoint impedance is around
50 ohms when mounted only on a pipe.  Adding radials will cause the
feedpoint impedance to drop, and when you get enough of them around the
antenna, it will no longer resonate within the available bands.  It becomes
necessary to retune the traps.  If this is the direction you're going (lots
of radials), mark the traps before messing with them.  Start from the bottom
up. A little movement goes a long way!.....and resist the urge to trim the
tubing even though it seems to make sense to do so..

Tom Hybiske, K3GM