Re: [TowerTalk] Thinning liquid tape

To: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thinning liquid tape
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:06:00 -0500

Gene Smar wrote:
> Roger:
>
>     Thanks for your suggestion, but I'll stay away from MEKP.
I guess  wasn't clear. That was not a suggestion to use MEKP for
thinner.  It'd be poor for that as it's a highly reactive oxidizer.  I
was commenting on using  a lot of the stuff along with acetone in my
work. I doubt Acetone would be a good thinner for that tape either.   I
use the Acetone in a closed space (inside an airplane) so the protective
gear is pretty much mandatory there as well.

I do use MEK as a paint thinner, particularly when working with 2-part
epoxy paints.
It does not smell like the liquid electrical tape either.

73

Roger (K8RI)