[TowerTalk] Good news for US veterans

To: "YCCC" <yccc@yccc.org>, "Nobarc" <nobarc@nobarc.org>, "Rlx" <RLX@yahoogroups.com>, "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>, "reflector -tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>, <antennas@qth.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Good news for US veterans
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:38:00 +0000
Sorry for this being a bit off topic, but read to the end.  In any case it
is a good deal for those who have served our country... and this is veterans
day weekend after all.

USAA is a coop US Military and their families that provide Insurance,
Banking, Investment Services, etc.  Until now you had to join while you were
on active or reserve duty, but now they have opened up membership to all who
have honorably served in the US Military also.  So if you missed the chance
while you were in the military you can now join and take advantage of the
great service and discounted prices they offer.  I have been a member for 30
some years now and my only problem has been convincing claims adjusters why
I won't let a satellite dish installer work at 180' on a broke 40m beam...
understandable I guess, and once they understood payment was quick and
satisfactory... and yes, their home owners does cover towers and antennas
against wind/ice damage, and radios/appliances against lightning.  So there
is some radio applicability after all.

http://www.usaa.com

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net