Re: [TowerTalk] LM-70 Tiltover Winch

To: Bill Winkis <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LM-70 Tiltover Winch
From: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:06:59 -0800
If you happen to have a strong Reversible  1/2 inch chuck drill
like a Milwaukee Hole Hawg or similar, do yourself a favor
and buy a Fulton KW3000 52 to 1 ratio worm gear winch
currently on sale at Grainger for $143
( Find someone that ha a Grainger Account as they don't sell retail to
consumer )

You can turn by hand crank but will take quite a while to tilt tower
up and down ( which you hopefully do often ) due to  great 52 to 1 ratio
and not brake needed as it will not freewheel if you let go of handle

73, Dennis N6KI