Re: [TowerTalk] Making a XM-240 into a 340?

To: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Making a XM-240 into a 340?
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:22:51 -0500
Hi Gregg-
I've never tried that but I believe that if it's close enough to act as
another parasitic element it will have to couple into the driven element and
would most likely lower the feedpoint impedance and you would probably want
to rematch the feedline. It would be a good project to look at with one of
the computer antenna programs to look at spacing and tunning of both the
reflector and director and matching for the driven element, but should make
a nice yagi. Good luck with it !
Gene/W2LU