[TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical dipoles
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 05:26:31 -0800 (PST)
Kelly, let me make a suggestion here...
For feeding this shortened vertical (OCF) at the junction of the hat and the
vertical wire I would suggest a link coupled arrangement... Even though the
feed point is not balanced, it is high impedence, and a link with a parallel
tuned tank with a series tuned link coil wound over the tank coil will do two
things simultaneously; transform impedance / neutralize reactance and at the
same be a high impedance choke for common mode currents on the coax...
To put the icing on the cake, go down the coax 1/8 WL and add a solenoid coil
of coax, and the shack should be stone cold for RF...
Depending on the band the LC values will vary... Give me a PM - only IF you
actually intend to do this - and I will take the time to calculate some LC
values for you...

denny / k8do