Re: [TowerTalk] Variation of Vertical T

To: "Robert Pack" <nx5m@txcyber.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Variation of Vertical T
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:34:16 -0500
Hi Bob -You are probsbly aware that the slopping top load wires have a
vertical componemt in their current which will subtract from the desire
vertical componemt of the main element. Granted it's near the end of the
antenna so there won't be a lot of current in the loading wires and the
nearer it is to horizontal the smaller the vertical  current component.
Bottom line make the vertical as tall as possible and the loading wires as
horizontal as possible and try to keep the  horizontal top loading wires in
ballanced pairs to preserve the omnidirectional. pattern.While all this
makes good theoretical sense in the real world you would have to be way off
to see much difference.
Gene / W2LU