Re: [TowerTalk] Bumps in coax, choosing coax

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bumps in coax, choosing coax
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:44:46 -0500
I'm supprised I haven't heard much duiscusion regarding Cable TV 75 ohm
burial cable. 75  ohms isn't too much to deal with, it's cheap or free, and
has the self sealing jacket. My tower is 200 feet back from the house, then
up another100 feet. I have two burried runs of the tv cable going back and
up the tower and one run of 50 ohm 7/8" hardline going back to the tower
base and another 100 feet ready to go up the tower.  All have worked well
except for a bad 75 ohm termination which was not the cables fault. My
feeling would be that finding some used, clean 7/8" burial hardline would be
the ideal solution. Mine was free from a building that was being abandoned.
Sometimes you see it at flee markets, but it would probably be smart to take
along an analyzer so you could check it out.

Gene / W2LU