Re: [TowerTalk] Raised Radial Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Raised Radial Question
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:50:50 +0000
They connect to the coax shield at the feedpoint of the vertical, but should
be insulated at the far end.  The far ends are at high voltage (assuming
they are about 1/4 wave long) so would arc to a wood support and make noise
or burn the wood.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net