Re: [TowerTalk] AlumaTower T-50H guying questions

To: "Mike Short" <mike.short@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AlumaTower T-50H guying questions
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:32:35 -0500
If possible you might try to check with the tower manufacturer and see how
marginal the vertical forces would become if you still used 25 and fifty but
just brought the anchors  inside you property line. You probably would find
that you could buy a lot of safety factor without much, if any, risk from
the vertical loading. Otherwise, just don't tighten the uppers too much and
you'ld have the protection in case you got caught in a blow with it up. If
there was ever enough wind to make it fail in compression, it probably would
have failed from bending moment much earlier if the uppers weren't there.

Gene / W2LU