[TowerTalk] 3 leg windmill towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3 leg windmill towers
From: susan comiskey <svcomiskey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:55:17 -0700
I have not been involved with tower talk, but did a google search on three
legged towers and tower talk came up.  Hopefully someone can help.  I have
3-three leg towers, probably from the 50's. I bought a bunch of "junk" from
a Forest Service auction and the towers were a part of the lot.  The legs
are about 38 feet long, one peice, and has a "foot" attachment that I am
guessing goes on top to build a stub tower platform.  I am also guessing
that the anchor legs were abandoned when the towers were taken down.  The
metal is very heavy, about 3/4 inch and 45 degree angle iron.  The cross
braces are angle iron, not the wire type.  The braces are stamped with D7 or
other various letters and number combinations.  The bolt markings are NKYM.
I'd like to find a diagram or parts inventory so I can separate everything
out and learn how it all goes together.  Any info would be a great help.
Thanks...Mike