[TowerTalk] Fwd: Isolated Mode Antenna Technology

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Isolated Mode Antenna Technology
From: hanslg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:03:27 -0500
 Trying to dechiffer the formula with my rather rusty knowledge, I see a
radiating system (yes, antenna) there you, by exiting the conductors in
different places manage to generate two different antennas that are isolated
from each other. Not that hard to understand. You, probably have two dipoles
(as the antenna is small) that radiates to different polarizations. You have
the same thing with two crossed yagies or two helix with different rotations.
As they radiate two different field (AKA orthogonal fields) they don't interact
and are therefore isolated from each other even if they occupy the same area.

I tried something similar (many years ago with a repeater antenna there I tried
to isolate the transmitter and receiver antennas from each other. I was only
successful to get some 15 dB isolation at best.)

I am sure the cell phone gadget manufacturer will adopt this antennas as is
show (at least on paper) some improvements.

73 de Hans - N2JFS