Re: [TowerTalk] 5. Re: Making an 80 meter vertical from Rohn 25

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 5. Re: Making an 80 meter vertical from Rohn 25
From: Randy <randy@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:16:16 -0500
If you've seen construction crews assembling hundreds of feet of black
or yellow pipe above ground, then
forcibly pulling the whole length through the ground, from one
excavation to the next, that's HDPE.
They square off the ends of two lengths, heat them up, and hydraulically
jam the heated ends together,
which makes an incredibly strong joint.

It is also used similarly in "pipe bursting", where they pull a new pipe
though an existing line of
the same or smaller (!) diameter, "bursting" the old line out of the way.

In either case, they assemble a long, snake-like length before
beginning, so, yes, it's pretty
flexible in that regard.

AFAIK, the black is generally water, and yellow is natural gas.

73,
Randy
KZ4RV