[TowerTalk] measuring beam forward gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] measuring beam forward gain
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:05:59 -0800
What errors may be caused by:

The signal generator being too close (or too far away) --how far away is ok?
The signal generator being too low in height?

Although antenna modeling programs will display a 3d gain pattern, it seems
difficult to me to quantify the gain.  Thus one uses an azimuth gain pattern
for specific elevation angles. Can the rotational gain difference change for
different elevation angles?

k7puc