Re: [TowerTalk] Create Thrust Bearing Clamps, How to Remove

To: "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, "Trond Thorman" <TROND@RADIUS.CO.UK>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Create Thrust Bearing Clamps, How to Remove
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 21:17:28 -0500
While on the subject of thrust bearings, has anyone had experience with the
Yaesu  GS-065 seizing up due to lack of use?  Due to prop pitch motor
difficulties I didn't get to do much turning for about a year and find it
now turns even slower (e.g. 1/4 rpm) whereas it used to be perhaps 3/4 rpm
and I'm wonderig if  the bearing may have rusted up or ???  I have moved the
power supply from the top of the tower to the base and and run 100 feet of
12 guage down the tower. Guessing at 10 amps, I raised the voltage to about
36 VDC. Used to be about 24 VDC at the rop of the tower.  Maybe I need to go
to 48 and hope it's not the brushes. How high can you run one of the small
ppm's without burning it up ?

Gene / W2LU