Re: [TowerTalk] What rotor is best ffor the Force 12 C4 SXL 2

To: towertalk@contesting.com, djetc@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What rotor is best ffor the Force 12 C4 SXL 2
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:14:29 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2010 2:47:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>    Ok I am lost here I have tried to figure the  specs for all kinds of
rotors and for the force 12 antenna. Maybe someone that  has a simular setup
can help me decide what is a good choice for a rotor to  use with my
Force 12 C4SXL. I will be putting it on a TRI THD-588  so  a tailtwister
will not fit inside my tower.
Looking of a budget solution  rotor also

Did you miss the discussion in the  last couple of days on rotator
capacity? Check the archives at _www.contesting.com_
(http://www.contesting.com)
for the archives if  so.

    Use the Yaesu K-Factor or Hy-Gain Effective  Moment (same thing -
weight times turning radius) to come up with a suitable  rotator. It's always
better to get a little bit bigger rotator so it won't be  working as hard.

Cheers,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for hams