Re: [TowerTalk] M2 rotor question

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 rotor question
From: William Tibbals <tibbalsw@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:59:54 -0800 (PST)
Gregg.

first you must loosen the mast clamps  and lift the Mast upwards so you can
gain access to the bolt.  It is located dead center on the top plate of the
rotor/  did you use the pyramid device M2 provides?

It is a very common problem which occurs most likely due to the mast not being
centered exactly and the clamp M2 provides will eventually allow the mast to
slip in the clamp.  The mast pipe centers directly over the 1/4" bolt and as
the mast slips it may cause the bolt to become loose.

M2 is aware of this issue a few years ago and they provided me a replacement
clamp.  that clamp failed as well which is why I purchased K7LXC's clamp.

I also used a small amount of "Red" thread lock this last time.

I have had this problem many times since 2001 and always a problem until the
new mast clamp was installed.  Now, knock on wood, it has worked flawlessly

I will look for pictures of the problem and send them along tomorrow.  as they
say a pic is worth a thousand words.

Bill, K4XT
Tel: 540 338 2589