Re: [TowerTalk] coax entry

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax entry
From: <kb2m@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:39:03 -0500
 First off I want to thank everyone for all the good information. I think
this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to mount an entrance box about three
feet from my house. I will set into place 2 4 inch gray PVC electrical
conduit as high up on my foundation as possible for cable entrance. This
would be about 3 foot over the ground. This depends on the depth of where
the basement gets set at. This box will be grounded via 2(more or less?)
ground rods. This box will be weatherproof, and also contain the arresters.
I plan on placing this box about 3 feet from the house. Should this box be
closer, or farther away from the house?
 Lots of good suggestions as to type of box, consulting with the electrician
when he's on site. Also thanks for all the pictures, very helpful..

73 Jeff kb2m