Re: [TowerTalk] WTB Rohn Tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] WTB Rohn Tower
From: N4NW <n4nw@n4nw.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:58:54 -0500
This is on the PVRC reflector Dennis,

May be of interest to you:

Just to clear up the confusion on the W3PP tower on Tower Talk...

It's 135 feet of ROHN 65G which I believe are 20 foot sections with guys,
turnbuckles Rotor antennas etc.

Still on the tower is  a 5 EL 20 on a 46 foot boom at about 140 feet

                          5 EL 20 on a 42 foot boom at 75 feet

                          4 El 15 at 120 feet fixed on Japan

There  lower 20M beam at 75 feet is on a TIC ring

The 2 EL linear loaded 40M beam is on a rocket launcher at 70 feet

There is a 3 EL 40M mono bander at 80 feet on rohn 25G

5 over 5 15M stack on a 70 foot aluminum tower with dual hazers

5 over 5 10M stack on a 60 foot 4 legged tower with brand new OWA style
antennas,  never used

There was a mis-type on the amplifiers available   where it said  9  ---

that was an alpha 91A which is sold

There is still an alpha 77D  and an alpha 76CA  which is a 3 holer.  (3

tubes)

None of these amps even so much as "blinked" from 1995 to 2009

2 of the rocket launchers have been sold and there are 3 still available.

Chet  N4FX   (previously N6ZO)   W3PP op

73's
Tom, N4Nw