[TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 57A

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Pro 57A
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:12:55 -0600
I just bought a PRO57A from a local ham that was used only about 1 year then
garaged stored for last many years. So it should be in good shape

I called Mosley this morning and asked what the "big" difference was between
the A & B models. According to Mosley the A model was developed as the WARC
bands where being finalized and they had a slight issue with 12/17m causing
some "detuning" on those bands and it caused about a 1db loss but was pushed
to get the antenna on the market at that time.

According to Mosley they figured out a method to get all the bands "tuned"
while designing military antennas during DESERT STORM so that was the reason
for the B model. He said it was not worth the trouble to try and correct the
PRO 57A to get it just like a B model

My question is I currently have a TA33 with the 40m kit, will the 40m work
on the PRO57A? The 40m kit is only 2 yrs old and the person at Mosley was
not sure but "heard" of someone using the 40m kit and it worked fine......

Any other input or suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks

73

John

KO4XJ