Re: [TowerTalk] serious noise problem

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] serious noise problem
From: Steve Conklin <steve@conklinhouse.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:37:20 -0600
See if your doorbell stops working when you kill the breaker for the family
room. Doorbell transformers are a common source of noise. Also, if you have any
low voltage ligthing (like track lighting) that uses switching power supplies
(usually labeled "Electronic Transformer"), that could be it.

Steve AI4QR

On 01/26/2010 03:34 PM, anthony wrote:
> Im sorry...A bit off topic but im at my wits end. Im getting heavy buzzing
> noise in the broadcast band which is now unlistenable. I tried unplugging
> everything but still noise.
It only dissapears when i switch the family room 20AMP breaker off at the main
pannel. It totally dissapears. I unplugged everthing in every room. What the
heck can it be???
Could it possibly be the breaker itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Im lost on this one.