Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 Element Quad and Baluns
From: Scott McClements <kc2pih@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:04:50 -0500
Daniel,

Are you an ARRL member? If so :

http://www.arrl.org/members-only/tis/info/pdf/9204052.pdf

If not the ARRL Antenna Book also has details on a 2 element cubical
quad.  Since you are apparently starting from scratch, I suggest you
build from one of these aforementioned  plans and checkout
http://www.cebik.com/ for more 2 element quad ideas.  What exact
design you use will dictate whether or not you will need to use a 2:1
transformer and you might not need them on every band. As has been
said again and again, do not bother to build this quad and combine all
the feedpoints on one feedline, you must use a switchbox and feed each
band individually (one coax per band)  for this to be a worthwhile
project.

-Scott, WU2X