Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m Delta loop on 70' tower
From: John Tait <johnei7ba@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 22:47:17 +0000
A friend of mine GW3UZS has a simple solution. The three attachment
points for his Delta loop are ceramic insulators. The Delta Loop has the
horizontal wire on top, and the point down.  The antenna wire can move
freely through the holes in the insulators. During daytime, he feeds the
loop at the bottom point to work the local stations. In the evening, he
hauls on the wire until the feed point moves to one of the top corners,
which gives low angle take off to work the long haul.
             Have fun Stu, es 73
                  John EI7BA