Re: [TowerTalk] Bird repellant

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bird repellant
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 01:07:46 -0500

Jack wrote:
> http://www.bird-x.com/bird-proof-gel-p-35.html

They say long lasting, but that stuff, or any tacky surface attracts
dust and dirt like crazy.  It'd probably be useless
in a few weeks around here.

BTW, clear, double sided tape works wonders for keeping cats from using
your favorite chair for a scratching post and it's almost invisible. My
18# cat ( http://www.rogerhalstead.com/cat_files/Lunch.htm )  was
shredding the door jam into the garage. I put that stuff on there and I
wish I had a video of his reaction and expression.  He put his feet up
there, started to pull, stopped all of a sudden, jerked his feet back,
and then examined both front feet with the strangest expression.  It
looked like he thought he'd steeped in something but couldn't find it.

Now if I could find something like that to keep the Cormorants off the
6-meter Yagi.

73

Roger (K8RI)