Re: [TowerTalk] tower installation HG52SS

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower installation HG52SS
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:17:02 -0800
Michael Goins wrote:
> English prof here, Hank. I have no idea what an "overturning moment"
> is and I'm not sure about the "plan dimensions."

A "moment" is a rotational force (e.g. that which wants to twist, turn,
or tip something). It's force times distance from the pivot. It's the
same as torque in Physics, but torque has a different meaning in
mechanical engineering (in connection with a pair of moments that have
no translational resultant forming a couple)