Re: [TowerTalk] RFC400

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RFC400
From: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:00:14 -0600
I have used some of Shireen's LMR-400 clone coax on HF and VHF and it was
fine.  However, the batch I got about 3 years ago had a "pure" copper center
conductor.  The current coax has the typical copper "flashed" aluminum
center conductor, at least the last time I looked at the Web site it did.
Some people warn that low HF frequencies may experience greater loss due to
aluminum's higher resistance since skin effect is less important.  In my
experience, I've never had a problem but my longest runs are under 200'.
I've also used the L-Com's clone coax with good results at HF, and 2 meters
to 70 cm.

73 de Perry - K4PWO