Re: [TowerTalk] Cable replacement MA-40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable replacement MA-40
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:41:50 -0500
To all, I found the cable was digging a rut in the section cross bars.  I
took a large crow bar and bent them about 1/4" out.  I tried in but the
sections got to close together.  bend them only where the cable comes up the
tower.  The cross bars caused the lower cable to fray and finally break (17
years along).

Seems tower makers don't plan on much room between the cables and the center
of the cross bars.
For some reason there is more room on the top sections for the cable.  Its
an old Tristao that translates to a US Tower TX 472.

73 Dave K4JRB