[TowerTalk] Crimp Tool for LMR-600

To: Tower Talk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimp Tool for LMR-600
From: Vic Culver <vic.w4vic@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:08:46 -0500
Gentlemen, there are two adverts in QST magazine offering "Commercial
Grade" ratcheting crimp tools with two dies for LMR-400, 9913, RG-213,
etc. coax cable at sale prices (list price $100.00).  I am unaware as to
whether an additional die can be purchased to accommodate LMR-600 cable
and would call to inquire except that I've been 'warned off' this
product by someone who purchased a similar device and discovered that
the die does not close properly resulting in 'loose crimp connections.'

Does anyone here have specific experience with these (or this type) of
crimp tool and, if so, what would your advice be to someone looking for
casual use of such a tool?

Thanks in advance for any comment you care to make.  73,  Vic, W4VIC