Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
Guy
Using a bench drill ?
if you are not using a bench drill where the speed is SLOW you can eat and eat
the bits
use any lubrican  you have , careful with WD-40 if is very hot can ignite ,
transmission oil  is fine or Motor oil just a droops,

but the most important is to have a powerful DRILL at low speed and you can
make a lot .

using  a good brand Drill bit  is  always the best way,  cheap bits are for
one small job  use or break very easy. use safety  goggles

learn how to sharpen those bits is no difficult .

just remember that the hole will be a little smaller after be galvanized

 J. Hector Garcia XE2K / WT6J
Mexicali B.C  DM22fp
P.O.Box 73
El Centro CA 92244-0073