[TowerTalk] Drill bits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Drill bits
From: "Jim Thomson" <Jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:57:53 -0700
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:25:33 -0400
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill bits

Lard or kerosene for aluminum, cutting oil for steel.

73
Gary k4FMX

##  I use this stuff called  'A-9'  for  aluminum, comes
 in a green tin.. and comes out green.  It's  made
for AL only.  Every metal and industrial supply place
in town carries it.

## The other stuff I use is called ...'rapid tap'. and used
for any precise machining, including tapping threads,
and works on AL, steel, brass, etc.  I use it when
drilling steel.

##  bottom line is, any lubricant is better than none.
With 140 holes,  I'd still use a punch.

Jim  VE7RF