To: towertalk@contesting.com, ad5vj@ad5vj.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 87, Issue 89
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:49:03 EDT

In a message dated 3/30/2010 9:30:32 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Has anyone compared these two antennas Hygain TH-7DXX  vs. TH-6DX in real
life? I don't see much difference in the manuals except  one is supposed to
be more broadbanded and is much more complex for feed  and heavier.

>  They both have four active elements on 10 and  3 active elements on
15&20.

>  I have an option of putting  up one or the other to replace my Hornet
tribander. According to manuals  looks like either one has about the same
gain and front to back comparing  the two of them so putting up the 6
element
would put less stress on the  tower.

>  But either one would increase forward gain 5  db and abt 7 db more front
back compared to the  Hornet.

No kidding. Yes, with  the same boomlength you're going to have basically
the same gain. What you pick  up is increased bandwidth with the TH7. Either
one of them would be an  improvement over the Hornet.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH