[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Foundation Question

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 Foundation Question
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:47:01 -0400
I am getting ready to install my Rohn 45 tower. I am planning a 100 foot tower
with a wall bracket at 18 feet and 3 sets of guy wires. I am going to bury a
standard 10 foot section in concrete. I have been studying the Rohn drawings
and they show a short base foundation drawing. They are calling out a 2ft 6in
by 2ft 6 in hole which is 4 foot 3 inches deep. They show gravel in the bottom
of the hole for leg drainage. The drawing doesn't show a rebar cage. A rebar
cage is called out for the base pin foundation.  Is it OK then to not use a
rebar cage when using a buried section per the Rohn drawing

73 Mark N1UK