Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:19:55 -0400
Having been raised on a farm, farmed for some years, then worked in
industry for 26 and then going to college to get a degree so I could get
a real job that took a lot less physical effort...

For me, the ideal size rope to the gin pole is 1/2".  I find smaller
rope exerts too much pressure leaving groves in my hands even while
wearing leather gloves. (Always wear good leather gloves when handling
rope, or gloves designed to work with rope). Rope larger than 1/2" is
uncomfortable and not easily wrapped around my hands. On the farm I
worked with ropes up to 1 1/2"

Both these sizes are going to vary widely from person to person, but
those are my preferences.

73

Roger (K8RI)