Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax Connectors

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax Connectors
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:48:18 -0400
My problem with N connectors is that they are fragile mechanically.
They're OK if installed carefully and always mated with their female
counterpart by someone who cares (hey, this is getting poetic), but it's
  very easy for pickle-heads to spread the female center pin (come on)
thereby ruining it.

For HF I'll take UHF connectors any day, and for higher, give me DINs
please.

BTW I thought we already had 2010's version of this discussion, and we
weren't due for another for 8 months or so...

Steve K8LX

Steve Maki